100% organic, ripe as hell and hand-picked for the Well Done Man. 4/25 WDB presents Suit-up for Spring…
From Scratch! – Cask ‘n Flagon – Chicken Focaccia Sandwich
Each week we head into the kitchen at Boston’s Best Eateries and learn how to make their favorite dishes From Scratch!
This week we’re talking with Corporate Chef Donley Liburd at Cask ‘n Flagon.
Chicken Focaccia Sandwich
What inspired this dish:
What inspired this dish was my love of chicken. Growing up on a Caribbean island, the beef was very limited.
Best season to prepare / serve this dish:
This dish can be served in all seasons but springtime is the best.
Do you have any tips for selecting ingredients in this dish?
I suggest making your own balsamic dressing. I’d also suggest a nut-free pesto that has a good brand of parmesan cheese and, of course, you have to have good bread!
Any expert advice for preparing, seasoning, plating, etc.?
For this dish, you will need a good panini machine. I recommend using a good olive oil or butter-flavored spray oil to ensure crispiness on the outside.
How to prepare:
1) Slice focaccia bread lengthwise and coat insides of both halves with herb cheese spread.
2) Place marinated grilled chicken breast on the bottom half of the focaccia and build sandwich by adding sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, sliced red onion, Applewood smoked bacon and mixed greens.
3) Dress the greens with balsamic vinaigrette.
4) Place sandwich into a panini griller (or like device) for about two minutes and serve.
- 1 each foccacia bread
- 6 oz marinated grilled chicken breast
- 1 tbsp herb cheese spread
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 oz sliced red onion
- 2 slices Applewood bacon
- 1/2 mixed greens
- 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette