Be it the football game, High School reunions or family get-togethers, they're all a little…
From Scratch! Jerry Remy’s Brunch Menu
Each week we head into the kitchen at Boston’s Best Eateries and learn how to make their favorite dishes From Scratch!
This week we stopped by Jerry Remy’s Fenway to check out their new Brunch Menu and talked to Chef Jimmy Regalado to learn how to make his delicious Bananas Foster French Toast.
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
2 slices of Challah Bread
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup of Caramel Sauce (Chef Jimmy’s Favorite is La Sauce de Monin)
¼ cup of orange juice
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla
DeKuyper Banana Liquor (splash)
Myers Dark Rum (splash)
Powdered Sugar for serving
1. Beat the eggs, orange juice, cinnamon and vanilla together. Set to the side.
2. Spread the Mascarpone cheese onto one slice of Challah Bread, then put the other slice onto the Mascarpone Challah (like a sandwich).
3. Now dip the Challah in the egg mixture, flip it over so both sides absorbs the egg mixture.
4. Heat a sauté pan with a tablespoon of butter, once melted put the Challah onto the pan. Lightly fry each side until nicely browned.
5. While the Challah is frying, melt the remaining butter in a second sauté pan, add the banana (cut into bite size pieces). Fry the banana until it starts to caramelize and then add the caramel sauce a splash of Banana Liquor and Myers Dark Rum.
6. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until caramel and rum start to bubble.
7. Place the Challah French Toast onto a plate, cut diagonally, then pour the banana and caramel over the Challah.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a side of Maple Syrup (top with whipped cream if desired)